Company: Aston Health
Posted on: March 19, 2023
TRANSPORT COORDINATOR -Daily Pay Option Available -The Transport
Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the company's fleet of
vehicles which provides transport for residents to desired
- Develops a policy and procedure for facility drivers to perform
daily inspection of the vehicle from walking around the vehicle,
checking seat belts, tires, and other items as identified.
- Ensures that facility drivers have policies and procedures
pertaining to what emergency medical information will be available
for those participants being transported.
- Confirms that facility drivers maintain a first aid kit in the
vehicle, replacing supplies as they are used or become outdated.
Create a par level.
- Develops policies and procedures regarding passenger safety
such as wearing safety belts and wheelchairs are locked into
- Implements and educates facility drivers on maintaining vehicle
neatness and in a clean condition anticipating needed mechanical
service so appointments can be arranged that are convenient to
- Ensures and reviews facility drivers vehicle maintenance
records are current; coordinate and schedule routine and episodic
- Reports to COO any vehicle operating problems, malfunctions,
accidents or incidents out of the ordinary routine.
- Maintains accurate daily records of number of trips,
individuals transported, miles and gallons of gas.
- Compiles all necessary information to meet reporting
- Assists with developing schedules for transporting participants
to and from physician or other medical appointments, as
- Establishes and maintains communication with ED and facility
drivers to improve quality of service and customer
- Properly trains and coordinates with nursing and rehab in
training facility drivers regarding lifting patients in and out of
bed, chairs, taxis and ambulances to move them to and from
treatment areas and procedure rooms.
- Coordinates as needed, transports medical equipment, supplies,
documents and laboratory specimens to designated treatment,
diagnostic and patient care areas. QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3+ year in experience in a healthcare setting preferred
- +1 year in transportation experience preferred
- CPR/BLS certification or must be obtained within 30 days of
- Clean driving record
- Valid Driver's License SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position works in partnership with the facility ED to
oversee and direct facility drivers.
- This job operates in a health care setting. This role requires
regular walking to various locations around the care center.
- Incumbent may be exposed to virus, disease and infection from
patients and specimens in working environment.
- Incumbent may be required to work extended periods of time at a
video display terminal.
- Incumbent may experience traumatic situations, including
psychiatric, and deceased patients. WORK ENVIRONMENT: PHYSICAL
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk and hear. - Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking,
bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all
- The employee must frequently lift or move objects and patients
weighing over 50 pounds. TRAVEL: -
- Will travel as required, up to 50%, and must reside in or
relocate to Florida
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and be able and
willing to travel in all modes of transportation as necessary
- Some out-of-are and overnight travel may be expected
Keywords: Aston Health, Deltona , Transport Coordinator, Other , Deland, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...