Hygiene Assistant - Deltona
Company: Coast Dental and Orthodontics
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Assist hygienist in providing dental treatment, care and education to patients. Must possess strong knowledge and skill of clinical needs, and working knowledge of back office dental procedures and dental administrative functions. The Hygiene Assistant is a multi-faceted position and must possess skills in all three areas of a dental practice; clinical, business and communication. This position demands a high-energy level and a positive attitude. The Hygiene Assistant must be confident, quick-thinking, organized and prepared yet flexible, a good communicator, have the ability to give and take direction. Additionally, the Hygiene Assistant must have great social skills, be a good conversationalist, and love helping people.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Awareness of delegable duties and functions allowed to be performed by hygiene assistant.
- Assist hygienists in clinical procedures and treatments.
- Provide flossing to patients, as instructed by hygienist.
- Learn and comply with Coast Dental's administrative procedures.
- Learn and comply with OSHA laws and safety guidelines.
- Maintain Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Learn and comply with state and Federal infection control standards in the dental office and operatories, including but not limited to: wearing protective barriers such as gloves, scrubs, and eye wear; disinfecting and sterilizing instruments and treatment areas; and disposing properly of contaminated or bio-hazardous waste/materials.
- Insure review and completion of documentation, including but not limited to: accurate and current medical history, medical alerts, and signed Consent forms.
- Document/chart all dental/hygiene procedures performed during each patient visit according to dentist's and/or hygienist's instructions and legal requirements.
- Welcome and escort patient in reception to and from the treatment areas. Schedule appointments and assist in appointment confirmation calls.
- Effectively provide dental education and information to insure patient awareness of dental health and continuing treatment.
- Effectively present to patient in professional and confidential manner dental treatment plan and proposed plan for continuing treatments.
- Understand and explain insurance benefits and financial options to patients in nonclinical terms.
- Ensure operatories are appropriately equipped and stocked with inventory and re-order when necessary.
- Maintain equipment protocols, including but not limited to: clean evacuation system, lubricate and maintain dental hand pieces, clean and maintain radiograph processors, monitor and clean equipment, clean dental lab plaster traps and maintain clean office environment.
- Notify Office Manager of equipment failure or general safety concerns.
- Assist with laboratory duties as necessary.
- Recognize signs of a dental emergency, and insure proper and timely response and notification to patient, staff, and emergency medical personnel when necessary.
- Understand and agree to maintain production standards.
- Effectively utilize and maintain a system of contact for patient follow-up/re-care.
- Maintain professional working environment within office team.
- Attend and participate in morning huddles and regular office meetings.
- Adhere to uniform attire and basic personal hygiene standards per Company policy.
- Attend continuing education and training seminars as scheduled.
- Understand and abide by HIPAA regulations and maintain confidentiality.
- Additional responsibilities in accordance with the delegable duties allowable by state.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent customer services skills and verbal communication skills. Ability to read, write, speak and understand information.
- Ability to effectively present information one-on-one with patients.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out details written or verbally instructed.
- Basic computer knowledge and experience with dental management software experience. EagleSoft experience is preferred.
- Ability to work in fast paced, patient-focused environment.
- Radiography certification upon hire or within ninety (90) days after hire.
- Minimum of one-year dental experience preferred.
- Excellent customer services skills and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in high volume environment.
Hygiene Assistants work in a well-lit, clean environment. Their work area is usually near the dental chair so that they can arrange instruments, materials, and medication and hand them to the hygienist when needed.
Hygiene Assistants must wear gloves, masks, eyewear, and protective clothing to protect themselves and their patients from infectious diseases.
Hygiene Assistants also follow safety procedures to minimize the risks associated with the use of x-ray machines.%818391% %%uncategorized%%
Keywords: Coast Dental and Orthodontics, Deltona , Hygiene Assistant - Deltona, Other , Deltona, Florida
here to apply!