Location: Lady Lake
Posted on: June 23, 2022
This position has a pay rate of of $17.04 - $18.93Upon
employment, training for non-certified correctional
officers will be provided for the FDLE state certification. No
required. Existing FDLE certified
correctional officers is a plus!At CoreCivic, we do more than
manage inmates, we care for people! CoreCivic is currently seeking
a Correctional Officer who has a passion for providing the highest
quality care in an institutional, secure setting.
Who We Are:CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of
high-quality, security corrections and detention management
services, providing effective programs that enhance public safety
and prepare individuals for success after release. Headquartered in
Nashville, Tennessee, with more than 70 secured facilities
nationwide, CoreCivic security employees are driven by a deep sense
of service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility
to better the public good.
What We Have:
- PAID Training - Comprehensive training to start a -successful
- A supportive environment where employee growth is
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Other great incentives.What You Get To Do:
- Change the lives of those in your care!
- Perform routine duties of a Correctional Officer in accordance
with established policies, regulations, and procedures to maintain
order and provide for the safety, security, care, and direct
supervision of those in your care during all phases of activity in
- Responsible for maintaining order and security of inmates in a
- Able to work any shift, as you may be assigned to a variety of
posts including, but not limited to, armory/key control, housing
units, kitchen, medical, visitation, etc.
- CoreCivic recognizes your military service to qualify you for
requiring criminal justice experience.Qualifications:
- High school diploma, GED certification or equivalent
- Once hired, must complete pre-service correctional officer
training and, where applicable, be a non-commissioned security
officer licensed by the state of employment.
- Must be certified in the discipline of Corrections through the
Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) and in good
- A valid drivers license is required.
- Demonstrate the ability to complete any required training.
- Must be available to work any hours, any shift.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of
age.CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE including
Keywords: CoreCivic, Deltona , Correctional Officer, Other , Lady Lake, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!