Patient Account Clerk II (Shift 1) - HBO 065
Company: Lifestream Behavioral Center
Posted on: May 15, 2022
JOB SUMMARY: The Patient Account Clerk II collects demographic
and admission information, admits clients, verifies all information
and will obtain proper signatures on all required
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES: The list of essential
functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of
the tasks performed within this classification with or without an
accommodation. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one
position in the class. The omission of an essential function does
not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if
such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
* He/she collects, deposits, discharges clients and assists in the
performance of other departmental duties.
* Computer literacy with the ability to learn new software is
essential to the performance of this position.
* Must be able to operate a multi-line phone system and general
* Employees in this position must be able to tolerate fast paced,
stressful environment and appropriately deal with clients in all
stages of crisis.
* Individuals should be organized and have excellent time
* It is crucial that employees in this position maintain and
protect client confidentiality.
* Verbally verifies information with clients as they are
* Updates information in the computer as needed.
* Interviews all clients or guarantors for complete and accurate
* Explains all required forms for admission to client or
* Obtains and witnesses signatures of the client or guarantor.
* Completes face sheets.
* Completes all financial paperwork with the client or guarantor,
including: Financial Statement, Client/Guarantor Agreement, Notice
to Medicare Clients, copies all insurance cards and does
pre-certification, and Billing and Payment Information.
* Prepares charts for units.
* Responsible for bed assignment and accurate census information
being received by 6:00 A.M. each day.
* Ensures that the needs of the client and/or family member(s) are
respected in a courteous and timely manner, in keeping with the
Center's Mission Statement.
* Receives, records and safeguards all client valuable in locked
* Completes any Non-Admit packets in a timely manner.
* Performs File Maintenance on all admissions.
* Responsible for the completion of all discharge forms on client
at time of discharge.
* Prepares necessary paperwork for the day-to-day operation of the
* Assists Switchboard Operator.
* The ability to comply with the regulations requiring a workplace
of dignity and respect and equal employment opportunity
* The ability to work collaboratively with others and to accept
constructive criticism from supervisors and managers.
* Willingness to abide by the company's published rules and
COMPETENCIES: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Motivation (KSAM)
required for an employee to be successful.
* Serving Our Consumers: Effectively meeting consumer needs,
building productive consumer relationships, and taking
responsibility for consumer satisfaction and loyalty.
* Consumer Focus: Building strong consumer relationships and
delivering consumer-centric solutions.
* Values Differences: Recognizing the value that different
perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
* Age Specific: Knowledge
* Basic Job Readiness: Courtesy, Flexibility, Reliability,
* Personal Effectiveness: Communication, Interpersonal Skills,
Self-Management, Thinking Skills
* Organizational/Management: Compliance, CQI Commitment, Management
of Information, Organizational Participation, Safety
* Performance Specific: Customer Focus, Medication Issues,
* Effective Communication: Clearly conveying information and ideas
to individuals and groups in a manner that engages the audience and
helps them understand and retain the message.
* Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode
communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique
needs of different audiences.
* Manages Conflict: Handling conflict situations effectively, with
a minimum of noise.
* Continuous Improvement: The ongoing process of achieving positive
changes in service and processes in order to improve efficiency and
* Resourcefulness: Securing and deploying resources effectively and
* Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the
organization to be successful.
* Expertise: Demonstrating proficiency of an employee's skill or
knowledge within their field of practice.
* Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough
KNOWLEDGE AND JOB SKILLS: Computer knowledge and typing skills are
required to perform this position. Must be able to process a high
level of confidential information. Good spelling, writing and
communication skills are necessary. Must be able to learn verbal
PERSONAL QUALITIES: Must be friendly, considerate, and able to show
empathy for the clients. This employee should be able to work
autonomously, show initiative as well as willingness to learn and
accomplish necessary tasks.
SPECIAL FACTORS: Must have a tenacious work ethic.
JUDGMENT/DECISION MAKING: Utilizes established corporate policies
and procedures in making decisions. Uses sound judgment in meeting
the responsibilities and performing the duties of the position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
* Experience: Minimum of three (3) years experience in an office
setting is required.
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT: Completes all requirements according to
Individual Training Plan within the first six months of hire and
annually. Other training and/or professional development may be
assigned due to evolution of programs.
POSITION CONTENT: This job description is not intended to be and
should not be construed as an all inclusive list of all the
responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the
position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position
activities and requirements, Management reserves the right to
modify, and/or remove duties and assign other duties as
Keywords: Lifestream Behavioral Center, Deltona , Patient Account Clerk II (Shift 1) - HBO 065, Other , Leesburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!