RN Supervisor (Shift 1) - Inpatient Nursing 056 ( Now offering COVID Incentive)
Company: Lifestream Behavioral Center
Posted on: May 12, 2022
JOB SUMMARY: The RN Supervisor provides professional psychiatric
nursing care, via own task functions and supervision of the task of
other nursing personnel on their shift.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES: The list of essential
functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of
the tasks performed within this classification with or without an
accommodation. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one
position in the class. The omission of an essential function does
not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if
such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
* Ensures all members of on his/her team provide quality and
effective nursing care.
* Assists the Nurse Administrator(s) to improve inpatient nursing
services care delivery systems
* Plans, organizes, coordinates, monitors, and evaluates client
care provided by staff under his/her supervision
* Accurately assesses client's needs and prioritizes care
* Develops effective client care plans
* Utilizes knowledge to facilitate psycho-educational groups
* Oversees and manages unit
* Effectively supervises those employees assigned to the unit
* Documents service provision in an accurate and timely manner
* Facilitates the maintenance of a therapeutic milieu with the
cooperation of other disciplines Ensures client activities take
place as scheduled
* Functions as a member of the multi-disciplinary team which
develops and implements treatment plans and goals for all clients
assigned to the unit
* Administers medications as ordered by the physician
* Interacts with clients to establish a therapeutic relationship
and facilitates achievement of treatment plan goals in accordance
with the nursing directives contained therein
* Provides direction and supervision to RN's, LPN's, and Behavioral
* Advises Nurse Administrator(s) in matters of concern to nursing
care and client's needs.
COMPETENCIES: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Motivation (KSAM)
required for an employee to be successful.
* Serving Our Consumers: Effectively meeting consumer needs,
building productive consumer relationships, and taking
responsibility for consumer satisfaction and loyalty.
* Consumer Focus: Building strong consumer relationships and
delivering consumer-centric solutions.
* Values Differences: Recognizing the value that different
perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
* Effective Communication: Clearly conveying information and ideas
to individuals and groups in a manner that engages the audience and
helps them understand and retain the message.
* Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode
communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique
needs of different audiences.
* Manages Conflict: Handling conflict situations effectively, with
a minimum of noise.
* Continuous Improvement: The ongoing process of achieving positive
changes in service and processes in order to improve efficiency and
* Resourcefulness: Securing and deploying resources effectively and
* Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the
organization to be successful.
* Expertise: Demonstrating proficiency of an employee's skill or
knowledge within their field of practice.
* Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough
KNOWLEDGE AND JOB SKILLS: Good verbal and written communications
skills are fundamental to satisfactory job performance. Excellent
time management skills are vital to satisfactory job performance.
Legible hand writing and good documentation skills are helpful.
Must be assertive and have a tenacious work ethic. Must be honest,
dependable, well-organized, detail oriented, and self-directed.
Must be able to work with a minimum of supervision. Must be able to
work cooperatively with a variety of disciplines. Demonstrates
leadership and is able to encourage and influence others in a
positive, proactive manner. Must be flexible, patient and remain
calm in crisis situations. Must demonstrate the ability to interact
cooperatively with multiple disciplines and personalities.
Collaborates with other personnel to ensure a therapeutic
environment. Assists with the performance evaluation of staff under
SPECIAL QUALITIES: Clinical skills in psychiatric and basic
medical/ surgical nursing and are fundamental to this position.
Good assessment skills are key to this position. Knowledge of
comprehensive or holistic approach to client care is helpful.
Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team is vital to
satisfactory job performance. Must have a functional knowledge of
the Baker and Marchman Acts. Demonstrates skills that ensure safe
and effective client care. Excellent crisis intervention and
conflict resolution skills are key to this position. Managerial or
supervisory skills are necessary.
JUDGMENT/DECISION MAKING: Accurately assesses staff and client's
needs and then is able to prioritize teaching of skills and
standard of care. Makes knowledgeable decisions in psychiatric or
medical emergency situations and guides staff to be able to assess
a potential crisis, intervene effectively and teach proper skills
to the staff. Able to recognize and intervene in conflicts between
staff or with clients and assist them to move toward resolution.
Keeps client information confidential and knows when to share
essential information with staff involved in care.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
* Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of
* Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred
* Additional education and experience may be substituted at the
discretion of the Clinical Director of Nursing.
* Minimum of Three (3) years nursing management experience in a
mental health facility
* Minimum of One (1) year in a supervisory position required
* Requires thorough understanding of the principle of adult
learning, preferably with experience developing and implementing
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT: Completes all requirements according to
Individual Training Plan within the first six months of hire and
annually. Other training and/or professional development may be
assigned due to evolution of programs.
POSITION CONTENT: This job description is not intended to be and
should not be construed as an all inclusive list of all the
responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the
position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position
activities and requirements, Management reserves the right to
modify, and/or remove duties and assign other duties as
Keywords: Lifestream Behavioral Center, Deltona , RN Supervisor (Shift 1) - Inpatient Nursing 056 ( Now offering COVID Incentive), Other , Leesburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!