Customer Support Specialist
Location: Orange City
Posted on: January 10, 2022
Location: Orlando, United States of America Thales people
architect solutions that enable two-thirds of planes to take off
and land safely. We create in-flight entertainment systems that
engross 50 million fliers every year and we develop the avionics
that control the world's largest commercial aircrafts. Our
simulators train the next generation of pilots for fighter jets,
transporters and search and rescue helicopters. And, together, each
and every member of our aerospace team makes a difference. When you
rely on airlines to connect you in flight, you rely on Thales. In
an increasingly fast paced world, we make the unpredictable,
predictable by connecting and entertain passengers to make your
life better. Combining a diversity of talents, we master the
decisive moments that matter to passengers and airlines. Whatever
it takes. The Customer Support Specialist located in Orlando,
Florida will provide product/services information and resolve any
emerging problems that our customer accounts might face with
accuracy and efficiency. Acts as a point of contact between
assigned customers and Thales Avionics, Inc. regarding repair and
spares management activity. Effectively applies guidelines
associated with performance metrics and exclusions. The target is
to ensure excellent service standards, respond efficiently to
customer inquiries and maintain high customer satisfaction. Key
- Ensures proper identification of Thales performance commitments
in database and sets TAT exclusions as appropriate.
- Follows up with customers concerning approvals to repair
estimates, required customer paperwork revisions, and other
miscellaneous area causing customer delays to the repair
- Acts as Company to Customer liaison in all areas requiring
customer communications including repair administration and invoice
- Evaluates warranty claims with respect to manufactures warranty
period, entry of product into service, repeat failures, etc.
Processes claims as appropriate.
- Properly identifies loan and exchange core returns and ensure
the return of Thales owned equipment back to the appropriate
- Ensures the database is updated regarding changes to customer
contact, invoicing and shipping information.
- Based on general guidelines, generates estimates and sets
not-to exceed (NTE) authorization levels allowing labor hours and
material cost to be applied to customer units for technician repair
activity as required by site-specific procedures.
- Proposes exchanges to customers for products under repair (AOG
or other) and works with Exchange Coordinator for exchange unit
availability as appropriate.
- Monitors customer terms and authorizes return shipment of
customer product. When circumstances support, requests
authorization to ship if a customer is blocked due to late payments
or financial risk.
- Assists Finance department by monitoring customer accounts
receivable and acts on the finance recommendations for collection
risk when required
- Issues repair credit memos in coordination with
- Identify and assess customers' needs to achieve
- Provides feedback to the customer in a timely manner regarding
changes resulting in a delay of product delivery or increased cost
estimate where applicable.
- Participates in daily meetings and customer conference calls as
- Take the extra mile to engage customers
- Actively participates in improving the processes of the
Customer Support Department and the repair station utilizing Lean
and 6S principles
- Conducts oneself in a way to ensure excellent customer service
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in direct Customer Service
related experience, preferably within Aerospace, Electronics and or
sales background helpful.
- Electronics and or sales background helpful.
Certification/Associates Degree required or equivalent work
- Strong oral and written communications skills to include
- Strong collaboration skills
- Decisions take into account the needs of all stakeholders
- Effectively tracks the status of projects and communicates to
- Outstanding ability to explain, teach and inspire others
- Must be able to work independently, multitask, attention to
details; maintain business confidentiality, goal-oriented focus,
and empathy towards our customers.
- Ability to handle stressful situations, action quickly to
address problem and drive to closure.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and
- Experience with creating and generating Metrics, Charts, and
Dashboards Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with MRP analysis and methods using an ERP System,
- Certification: APICS CPIM/CSCP or ISM CPSM a plus
- Previous supervisory or lead experience Travel: This position
requires less than 20% travel. Primary travel would be domestic;
however, international travel may be required. This position will
require successfully completing a post-offer background check.
Qualified candidates with [a] criminal history will be considered
and are not automatically disqualified, consistent with federal
law, state law, and local ordinances. Successful applicant must
comply with federal contractor vaccine mandate requirements. Thales
champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric
of our culture. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic
protected by law If you need an accommodation or assistance in
order to apply for a position with Thales, please contact us at
[email -protected] More Information on Thales Thales operates in
the Artificial Intelligence industry. Thales was founded in 2021.
It has 63258 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as
Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental
Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life
Insurance. To see all 5 open jobs at Thales, click here .
Keywords: Thales, Deltona , Customer Support Specialist, Other , Orange City, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!