Posted Date: Aug 24, 2021
APPLY: You can now complete your entire job
application for this job via SMS text messaging!
Simply text JOB to 75000 & search
for the requisition ID number 805470.
Click here to
- We are now hiring for a
full-time GROUNDSKEEPER position.
- Location: Lake Sumter State College - Lake Sumter State
College - 9501 US Hwy 441 Leesburg, Fl 34788 Note: online
applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-Time; Monday through Friday, 6:00 am -
- Requirement: Min. 2yrs Practical Exp. in Agri
- Perks: $300 sign on bonus payable after 90
WE MAKE IT EASY! You can now prerecord video
introductions. Be more than just words on a resume and
get in front of the hiring manager faster. Click here to get a sneak peek
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be
interested in joining our team.
SSC Services for Education is known for our expertise,
commitment, and value; and we at SSC truly believe that our people
are our greatest asset. By utilizing our associates’ knowledge and
experience alongside SSC’s extensive training, providing supportive
management, and offering unparalleled wage and benefit packages as
well as career advancement opportunities, we have developed a
workforce that differentiates us from our
SSC Services for Education is a Nationwide Best in
Class Facility Service Provider. As a member of Compass
Group, North America, we want you to be as great as you can be. We
empower our associates to direct their own future, keeping them
confident that we support them every step of the way. As a
result, our associates embody greatness through their actions,
natural passion for quality, and a can-do attitude. The opportunity
for greatness is real at SSC and throughout the Compass
Full-time associates at SSC are offered many fantastic
benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Plans and administers a program of
grounds and plant maintenance, including growing schedules and
continued propagation through plants and cuttings. Responsible for
performing a variety of tasks related to the care of grasses and
plants. Trims, prunes and removes scrubs, bushes and trees.
Performs general janitorial duties including property inspections,
landscaping and grounds maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides quality customer service to customers by providing
one-on-one attention to detail.
- Inspects common areas and reports deficiencies to Maintenance
- Inspects exterior of the property and grounds; reports
deficiencies to Maintenance Supervisor.
- Mows lawns weekly during the proper season. Cleans landscaping
tools and equipment after each use.
- Trims bushes to maintain neat appearance and desired
- Weeds flowerbeds weekly or more often if needed.
- Shovels exterior walkways during wintery weather; salts or
sands icy walkways as needed.
- Contributes to the team; facilitates good customer
interactions; exhibits professionalism with customers, fellow
employees and others with whom there is contact.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Valid Non-CDL Class C driver's license required.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At
Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates
fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience
without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability,
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business
necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los
Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box
Req ID: 805470