Transporter - PRN - Days
Company: AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach
Location: New Smyrna Beach
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Patient Transporter AdventHealth New
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealthNew
- Great benefits such as: Onsite daycare, educational
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living just outside of
PRN - Days -Monday and Friday 1100-2100 plus any
additional open shifts from PDO requests
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Transport patients between departments and to and from patient
care areas via wheelchair, stretcher, bed, and other transport
- Responds to transport requests with a sense of urgency, meeting
time delivery goals.
- Ensures patient safety by following established procedures and
using only approved equipment.
- Works closely with hospital staff and openly communicates and
problem solves to ensure client and patient needs are met.
- Handles medical equipment safely including IV pumps/poles,
oxygen tanks, PCA pumps, chest tubes, catheters and traction while
- Maintains positive and professional relationships with
- Ensures timely response to all patient and patient-related
transportation requests and utilizes appropriate transport
dispatching system in accordance with established guidelines.
- Adheres to all policies, procedures and standards established
by all regulatory agencies including but not limited to Federal,
State, The Joint Commission, OSHA and CDC.
- Actively participates in orientation and training
- Adheres to all Human Resource policies and procedures including
those listed in the Employee Handbook and established by the
Hospital and Department.
What You Will Need:
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent combination of education
- BLS certification through American Heart Association
- Hospital and/or patient care experience
- Hospital/patient care experience as preferred but not
Responsible for thesafe, timely, and accurate
transport of patients, medical equipment, and patient-related items
to their destinations enabling physicians, nurses, technicians, and
therapists to perform their duties in an effective manner. Ensures
positive patient and customer satisfaction, proper utilization of
body mechanics, adherence to policies, procedures, and standards
established by Crothall, Hospital, Department and Regulatory
Acts as a positive role model and team player
demonstrating company and hospital mission and values.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with
federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and
Keywords: AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach, Deltona , Transporter - PRN - Days, Other , New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!