Facility Security Officer (FSO)
Company: Sparton Electronics
Location: De Leon Springs
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Sparton is a world leader in the design, development, testing
and production of complex maritime electronic systems, including
sonobuoys in support of Anti-Submarine Warfare, submarine deployed
products supporting Undersea Warfare, and depth-rated encapsulated
systems to support Subsea and Seabed Warfare. Position Objective
The Facility Security Officer serves as the Sparton Underwater
Warfare Systems (UWS) Facility Security Office (FSO). This position
supervises and directs security measures necessary to implement
Sparton UWS security policies and procedures in accordance with the
National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) and
International Trafficking in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Primary
- Serves as the Sparton UWS FSO coordinating with the Defense
Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA) and other
governmental agencies to ensure the facility is operating in
accordance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Interpret government policies for the development and
implementation of Sparton UWS security plans and procedures.
- Oversee the development and implementation of security plans to
ensure the protection of classified information is performed in
accordance with NISPOM requirements.
- Review business and security processes, procedures, plans
products, controls, techniques, and vendor programs to ensure that
security policies and export control requirements are met
throughout the organization.
- Supervise daily security activities and enforce government and
company security programs.
- Coordinate and review proposed DD 254, Contract Security
Classification Specifications to determine what classified
information may be released in accordance with prime contractor and
- Manage the personnel security clearance process to include
coordinating initial clearance submission and periodic
reinvestigation of Sparton UWS staff, providing guidance and
instruction to ensure completion of security paperwork, collection
of fingerprinting of initial clearance candidates, and providing
follow-up clearance report status on processed clearances to
managers of specific contracts.
- Advise personnel of their reporting requirements for
personal/administrative and compliance/incident-related
- Provide security support to Human Resources, Contracts and
- Participate in the development and execution of security and
ITAR education programs.
- Review contract proposals and interpreting security
requirements for contractual obligations concerning the protection
of classified information.
- Effectively communicate general security requirements
throughout the business unit, primarily with facility security
representatives through briefings and discussions.
- Prepares documentation for classified documents, closed areas,
classified visits, employee clearance data, and other associated
- Develop and maintain a compliant "Document Inventory and
Control Program" for management of classified systems, media and
- Maintain all security documentation and files in accordance
with DCSA requirements.
- Maintain FCL documentation and submission in accordance with
- Manage the overall operation of the access control programs to
include visitor processing both classified and unclassified.
- Interface with external customers to satisfy their requirements
for the protection of classified or unclassified sensitive
information entrusted to the organization.
- Coordinate audits performed by the DCSA and other governmental
agencies to determine if the facility is operating in accordance
with established procedures. Required Education and Experience
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in a related field
OR a combination of education and relevant experience.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in a government contracting
- A minimum of 4 years of experience as an AFSO or FSO with
experience interfacing with DoD, SAP/SAR, SCI, and security
procedures and policies. Required Qualifications
- Must be eligible for or have active DoD Top Security
- Hands-on knowledge of managing classified/sensitive
- Extensive knowledge of the National Industrial Security Program
Operating Manual (NISPOM), COMSEC, ITAR, EAR, and FOCI regulations
- Strong working knowledge of e-QIP/JPAS/DISS/NISS.
- Completion of the FSO Management course and NISPOM Chapter 8
Course within 12 months of start date.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including: Word, Excel,
Power Point, Outlook and Teams Supervisory Responsibilities None.
Travel Requirement 10% PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands
describe here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the
job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to sit, stand, talk and communicate, use
hands/finger, feel and reach with arms. This position requires the
ability to lift, bend or stoop as necessary up to 20 lbs. Other
Duties Ensure all assignments are performed in compliance with all
applicable Federal, State, Provincial and Company safety and health
regulations, and where applicable, proper personal protective
equipment is utilized. EEOC Statement SPARTON provides equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age,
disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service
in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms
and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence,
compensation, and training #LI-KP1 #CB1
Keywords: Sparton Electronics, Deltona , Facility Security Officer (FSO), Other , De Leon Springs, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!