Posted on: May 3, 2021
Based in Orlando, Florida, Massey Services is the nations fifth
largest pest prevention company and the largest privately held
family-owned company in the industry. Celebrating 35 consecutive
years of profitable growth, Massey Services and its subsidiary
organizations employ over 2,300 team members and operate
approximately 2,100 vehicles that provide residential and
commercial pest prevention, termite protection, landscape and
irrigation services to over 650,000 customers from 162 Service
Centers throughout Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Texas, South
Carolina, North Carolina and Oklahoma.
Massey Services will be the leader in providing an environmentally
responsible and superior service. Our Company will grow by adhering
to the highest standards of performance and professionalism.
Massey offers a competitive compensation plan along with an
excellent benefits package including:
Medical, Dental and Vision
Company paid Life Insurance
Short & Long Term Disability
Flexible Spending Account
401(K) Retirement Plan with company matching
Paid vacation, holidays and sick days
Tuition Reimbursement Program
Massey Services, Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal
JOB FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
1. Maintain the highest standards of personal conduct, both on and
off the job. Look and act professional This includes, but is not
limited to, personal grooming, vehicle appearance, and point of
2. Must make a minimum of 10 calls per day. This includes office
and service leads, as well as making creative calls.
3. Must schedule a minimum of 5 appointments per day.
4. Perform quality inspections. This will include the preparation
of a complete and accurate graph, appropriate treatment
specifications, and correct rate card pricing.
5. Present sales proposals in a professional manner. Carefully and
completely advise customers of inspection findings. Offer
effective, environmentally responsible solutions to existing
conditions, avenues and sources of infestation.
6. When necessary, sell additional service. Offer information, up
to and including formal proposals, on all Masseys residential and
GreenUp Lawn, Tree & Shrub Care services.
7. Contact all customers after service is performed to ensure
customer satisfaction and to generate referrals.
8. Maintain productivity at or above published minimum standard.
Review, understand and comply with all general Sales Policies.
9. Complete and submit a Daily Sales Activity Report.
10. Average a minimum of 3 proposals per appointment.
11. Respond to all leads immediately and, where possible, handle
the same day received.
12. Be on time. When you make an appointment or promise, keep it.
13. Respond to customer issues with urgency and to the complete
satisfaction of the customer. Inform Management of any unusual
problems or requests made by customers.
14. Always respect the customers premises and furnishings. Leave
them in the same condition or better than you found them when you
15. Maintain a 75% closing ratio on all leads.
16. Attend all sales and technical training meetings, as
17. Stay abreast of all regulations involving our industry and use
of safety equipment and procedures. Perform job functions
consistent with regulations and Company policies and
18. Stay abreast of all technical data pertaining to industry
products, material and equipment.
19. Build trusting and lasting relationships with customers. Always
say, and do what is right!
20. Assist with collection efforts on delinquent accounts, as
21. Maintain your vehicle in a safe, clean and proper operating
22. Safeguard all Company property, equipment and materials. Use
and maintain all personal safety equipment, as required.
23. Participate in promotional and public/community relations
efforts as required.
24. Perform all other duties as assigned.
25. Project a Quality Image
Look and act professional at all times. This includes, but is not
limited to, personal grooming, vehicle appearance and point of sale
26. SELL QUALIFIED BUSINESS
Respond to all sales leads immediately.
Make additional sales calls adjacent and around existing
Perform quality inspections (inside, outside, over and under the
Identify and address all of our customers needs.
Prepare and present proposals for all necessary services.
27. HONOR YOUR COMMITMENTS
When you make an appointment or promise, keep it! Be
28. NEVER STOP LEARNING
Take advantage of all opportunities to increase your technical and
professional education with regard to your position, your industry
and your personal self-development.
29. ESTABLISH TRUSTING RELATIONSHIPS
Always say and do whats right. Remember, at all times, YOU are the
Maintain ongoing communication with customers.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
1. College degree in business or related environmental science
2. Must have excellent written, and verbal communications
3. Must have or be able to obtain required drivers license.
4. Minimum of 1-2 years sales experience preferred.
5. Must possess basic mathematical ability.
6. Must be able to read and comprehend industry product labels.
7. Must be able to meet requirements for obtaining certification
and/or licenses as required by state, federal or local
8. Must have knowledge of computer operations.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Requires constant contact with the public and company personnel.
Frequently work is performed outdoors. Office work is performed in
air conditioned/heated facility. May be exposed to rain, hail,
winds, dust, dirt, cement, grass, shrubs, trees, high levels of
noise, vibrations, and others. Incumbent will work with and around
various types of lawn care and pest industry products, materials,
Must possess ability to operate lawn care, pest prevention, and
termite equipment including, but not limited to, backpack
applicators, drills, shovels, carpenters tools, power tools, truck
equipment, aeration equipment, and others.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
Requires constant (67% - 100% of the time) walking, climbing,
bending, kneeling, pushing, pulling, reaching, stooping, and
stretching. Requires constant ability to move freely about the
building and between job sites. Requires frequent (34% - 66% of the
time) exposure to outdoor conditions and ability to crawl under
homes and in attics for up to 15 minutes at a time. Requires
corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. Requires ability
to travel from location to location. Requires ability to frequently
operate small equipment. Requires occasional (0% - 33% of the time)
lifting of equipment (up to 50 pounds). Requires good hand-eye
coordination, good motor coordination and finger dexterity. Must
possess ability and stamina to work long hours while performing
physical labor. Must possess ability to climb heights and ability
to endure high levels of noise.
THIS DESCRIPTION MAY NOT BE ALL-INCLUSIVE AND TEAM MEMBERS ARE
EXPECTED TO PERFORM ALL OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED AND DIRECTED BY
MANAGEMENT. JOB DESCRIPTIONS AND DUTIES MAY BE MODIFIED WHENEVER
DEEMED APPROPRIATE BY MANAGEMENT.
Keywords: Massey, Deltona , Inspector Pest, Other , Eustis, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!