Licensed Practical Nurse
Company: DispatchHealth Management
Posted on: September 12, 2023
How You'll Make an Impact: The DispatchHealth Medical Technician
II (DHMT-II) supports patient care by assisting with physical exam,
point of care testing, treatments and data gathering. The DHMT II
works at the direction of a virtual DispatchHealth Advanced
Practice Provider (Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant) while
being present with patients in their homes. Strong organizational
and customer service skills are keys to success as the DHMT-II.
Extensive on-the-job training will be provided for this exciting
opportunity to assist in the delivery of hospital-level healthcare
in the comfort of a patient's home.
- New modality opening in Daytona Beach!
- Flexible schedule, day shift
- Competitive compensation & benefits offered
- On-site training offered
- CEU education, license reimbursement
- Must be able work some evenings and weekends
- Growth opportunities
- Looking to get a class started in September! What You'll Do:
- Drive DispatchHealth vehicle to meet patients at their place of
need and load and unload supplies for daily activities
- Don and doff PPE appropriately and maintain strict infection
- Communicate with a healthcare provider via messaging video
conference and mobile device.
- Obtain patient's vital signs and assist in the collection of
- Facilitate a physical exam using a mobile device and conduct
other diagnostic tests and treatments as requested by virtual
provider, as permitted by state law. This may include, but is not
limited to, blood draws, EKG, splints, basic wound care, and other
patient care activities that are required for the successful
completion of the visit.
- Perform indicated point-of-care lab testing as directed by
- Prepare discharge instructions in conjunction with
- Responsible for equipment use, care and allocation
- Restock and clean equipment at end of shift appropriately
- Other duties as assigned to successfully complete a visit and
maintain equipment and vehicles What You Need:
- Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse, as per
- Minimum one (1) year patient facing experience
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record
- BLS, American Heart Association
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to lift and carry equipment up to 50 pounds
- Ability to walk up and down several flights of stairs easily
while carrying equipment
- Strong customer service, communication, and technological
- Previous experience of comprehensive history gathering and
documentation within EMR
- Previous experience with basic procedural skills
- Cultural competency - ability to interact with patients and
families and develop rapport and trust, ability to communicate and
provide verbal professional clinical presentations/summaries
- Function autonomously and as part of a team to responsibility
deliver care with flexibility and open-mindedness
- Continuous learner with strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to work a varied schedule with evenings, holidays and
weekends required Who We Are: DispatchHealth is redefining
healthcare delivery through mobile and virtual healthcare. A
rapidly scaling Denver, Colo., startup, we provide right-sized
healthcare through the power of technology, convenience, and
service. DispatchHealth is creating an integrated, convenient,
high-touch care-delivery solution that extends the capabilities of
the patient's care team and ensures that we provide personalized,
quality care in the home or at the patient's location of need. Our
skilled, certified providers arrive onsite with the expertise and
tools necessary to administer advanced medical care, supported by
our technological infrastructure to ensure quality and to improve
outcomes. DispatchHealth brings together experienced professionals
with proven success in medicine, engineering and operations and a
passion for transforming the healthcare landscape.
DispatchHealth is committed to creating and supporting a diverse
and inclusive team and serving all communities. All qualified
applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race,
gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation,
religion, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
DispatchHealth offers a comprehensive benefit package, including
medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k, paid time off, family,
and short-term disability leave.
Do you want to be part of and thrive in a fast-paced, growth-stage,
entrepreneurial technology, and healthcare delivery company?
Are you willing to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be
Are you passionate about transforming healthcare through technology
innovation, service and quality care delivered to patients?
We deliver trusted, compassionate care to all in the comfort of
Building the world's largest in-home care system.
Our Values are embodied in The DispatchWay
- Courage to advocate for our patients and each other
- Innovation to trailblaze a new path for healthcare
- Integrity to create a respectful and inclusive environment
- Compassion to provide quality, safe and excellent care
Connect With Us:
Get to know us! Watch the video below to hear from healthcare
professionals on what it's like to work with DispatchHealth. Follow
us on Facebook , Twitter and YouTube to learn more.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job; however,
this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of
all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the
Keywords: DispatchHealth Management, Deltona , Licensed Practical Nurse, Healthcare , Deltona, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!