Registered Nurse - MAT - Med Surg
Company: Stewart-Marchman-Act Behavioral Healthcare
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Registered Nurse - MATRegistered Nurse - MAT
Top reasons to work for SMA Healthcare:
* Career growth and advancement potential
* Great benefits such as: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, & Disability Insurance
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Paid Personal Leave (up to 25 days after 3 years of service)
* 403b Retirement Plan (matches one to one of employee contribution for the first 3%, then a 50% match on the next 6% of employee contribution)
Essential Job Functions:
* Provides quality nursing care to clients in accordance with established agency and program guidelines.
* Performs initial and ongoing health assessments, assesses patient integrated healthcare needs, and identifies any barriers to accessing care.
* Assesses situations and uses sound judgment in applying medical or emergency intervention techniques.
* Properly administers medication; documents results; takes vital signs on clients.
* Monitors patients for changes in health status after medication change, change in key health indicators, hospitalization or any assessed decline in function or presentation.
* Monitor lifestyle factors affecting health and assist the client with goal setting to achieve behavioral change.
* Provides client education specific to client age and condition.
* Utilizes effective infection control techniques and methods.
* Obtains and reviews prior medical records and medical history to evaluate for scope of care.
* Communicates effectively with clients, peers, professionals, and community agencies regarding client needs.
* Participates in staff meetings as required by program guidelines.
* Arranges medical appointments, makes referrals, and coordinates with community medical providers.
* Arranges and coordinates lab work and advises of unusual laboratory results.
* Handles verbal and /or physically abusive, aggressive clients, utilizing de-escalation techniques to ensure safety.
* Performs timely and accurate documentation of client care in SMA's EMR, and in accordance with program policy and procedure.
* Confirms client payer source and obtains authorizations when required by program guidelines.
* Performs related work as required/assigned.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Education and/or Experience: Registered Nurse in the State of Florida. Experience with healthcare delivery in primary care, mental health and/or substance abuse preferred. Current BLS Certification or CPR Certification as required by program. Additional education and/or experience may be required as per specific program guidelines.
* Must be knowledgeable and demonstrate competency in current principles and practices of healthcare delivery in diverse populations to include mental health and substance abuse.
* Must be knowledgeable and demonstrate competency in computer skills including Emergency Medical Records.
* Demonstrates ability to quickly assess situations and use sound judgment in applying medical or emergency intervention techniques.
* Ability to develop a collaborative therapeutic alliance with individuals and/or family members served and other members of the integrated healthcare team.
* Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Necessary Special Requirements: Possession of a valid Florida driver's license, acceptable driving record, and proof of personal automobile insurance if required to drive an SMA vehicle and/or use a personal vehicle for SMA business. Complete State of Florida mandatory background screening prior to start of employment. Complete SMA required training during the first six (6) months of employment and updated if required. Current BLS Certification or CPR Certification as required by program.
Physical: Mobility and ability to bend and reach during an 8-12 hour day. Able to lift minimum 10 pounds. Visual and auditory acuity sufficient to evaluate, intervene, treat, and record client health care needs. Fine motor skills for legible and accurate charting, daily correspondence and presentation, either manually or orally. Work endurance ability to work 8-12 hour shifts with a meal break, as possible. Routine 8-12 hour shifts. Hours and days off may vary. Extra hours may be required. Work assignment locations may vary.
Application:This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. It should not be used to limit the nature and extent of assignments such individuals may be given.
Registered Nurse - MATRegistered Nurse - MAT
Keywords: Stewart-Marchman-Act Behavioral Healthcare, Deltona , Registered Nurse - MAT - Med Surg, Healthcare , Deland, Florida
here to apply!