Registered Nurse (Field Case Manager) - Hospice - Hospice
Company: Halifax Health
Posted on: November 15, 2022
Registered Nurse (Field Case Manager) - HospiceOverview
Halifax Health - Hospice is seeking a Registered Nurse - Field RN
The RN will be responsible for coordination and implementation of
the overall plan of care for the assigned patients in various
hospice settings to assure the best possible quality of life is
attained. Responsibilities include providing all aspects of care
for the terminally ill patient, providing patient and family
education, completing all regulatory requirements of nurses for
patients on Hospice, performing patient assessment and
documentation, providing symptom management, developing a
comprehensive Interdisciplinary Plan of Care, orienting new staff,
and participating in Quality Improvement activities.
* Graduated from an accredited nursing program.
* Valid Florida license to practice as a Registered Nurse.
* Minimum 1 year experience in Medical Surgical nursing or
* Hospice Experience preferred.
* Certification in Hospice/Palliative preferred.
* Valid driving license and good driving record.
* Ability to work within the interdisciplinary team framework and
demonstrate good oral and written communication skills.
* Skilled in providing nursing care to pediatric, adolescent, adult
and geriatric patients.
* Demonstrates good interpersonal skills, ability to cope with
stress, maturity and emotional stability.
* Must meet criteria for employment by Halifax Health.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
* Performs all duties, tasks and all requirements of case
management of hospice patients and family. Overseeing all care
delivered by the interdisciplinary team members (IDT).
* Ability to complete all aspects of the Hospice Intake & Admission
* Provides oversight of all care by the Interdisciplinary team
* Performs and documents all comprehensive and required physical
assessments with a high rate of accuracy which reflect the
patient's current condition.
* Implements, documents and makes changes to the comprehensive
interdisciplinary plan of care to reflect patient and family needs.
Appropriate interventions and realistic patient/family goals are
included in this plan with input from the interdisciplinary team
including the attending physician.
* Represents Halifax Health-Hospice (HH-H) and utilizes effective
communication methods and skills with all patient, family, facility
staff, referral sources and coworkers.
* Demonstrates a positive, informative and productive working
relationship with all members of the IDT, internal and external
customers. Professional working relationships are maintained with
hospitals, nursing homes, ALF's, physicians' offices, and all
internal and external customers.
* Demonstrates a knowledge of clinical practice and performs
nursing procedures in accordance with current best practice
standards and organizational policies and procedures. Patient needs
are met appropriately and in a timely manner.
* Demonstrates a knowledge of best practice in end of life care and
support, pain and symptom management. Documentation in the medical
record reflects appropriate interventions for optimal and ongoing
pain and symptom management.
* Maintains communication with the physician.
* Identifies educational needs and provides appropriate education
to patient/family and community partners.
* Demonstrates the ability to communicate accurate and relevant
information regarding hospice benefits services, and represents
HH-H in a positive and professional manner.
* Works as assigned to assist in providing hospice services 24-hour
a day, 7 days a week, including Holidays.
* Meets or exceeds productivity standards for the assigned
* Demonstrates high level of efficiency in documenting in an
electronic medical record (EMR). Documentation reflects required
hours spent in direct patient contact and all work is completed
within agency guidelines.
* Maintains all company owned equipment in good working order.
* Attends HH-H or other End of Life In-services and General Staff
Meetings as required.
* Meets educational requirements for licensure and seeks
appropriate education to enhance job performance.
* Participates in Quality Action Teams and other QI activities as
Recognized as one of the 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals--- in the
United States by IBM Watson Health---, Halifax Health serves
Volusia and Flagler counties, providing a continuum of health care
services through a network of organizations including a tertiary
hospital, two community hospitals, urgent care clinics, psychiatric
services, a cancer treatment center with five outreach locations,
the area's largest hospice, a center for inpatient rehabilitation,
outpatient rehabilitation clinics, primary care walk-in clinics, a
clinic specializing in women's health, a pediatric care community
clinic, five pediatric medical practices, a home health care agency
and an exclusive provider organization. Halifax Health offers the
area's only Level II Trauma Center, Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke
Center (TSC), Center for Transplant Services, Pediatric Intensive
Care Unit, Child and Adolescent Behavioral Services, complete
Neurosurgical Services, OB Emergency Department and Level III
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit that cares for babies born earlier
than 28 weeks. For more information, visit halifaxhealth.org.
Keywords: Halifax Health, Deltona , Registered Nurse (Field Case Manager) - Hospice - Hospice, Healthcare , Deland, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!