Medical Technologist FT Evenings
Company: AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach
Location: New Smyrna Beach
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Description All the benefits and perks you need for you and your
- Benefits and Paid Days Off from Day One
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Career Development
- Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without
out-of-pocket tuition expense)
- $10K Sign-on Bonus*
- $3K Relocation Bonus* Our promise to you: Joining AdventHealth
is about being part of something bigger. It's about belonging to a
community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves
to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place
where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by
Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued
for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our
purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are
even better. Schedule: -Full-Time Shift: Evenings The community
you'll be caring for: 401 PALMETTO ST, New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168
The role you'll contribute: Under the supervision of the Section
Supervisor, the Medical Technologist performs clinical testing in
one or more of the following areas of the laboratory: Blood Bank,
Microbiology, Serology, Chemistry, Hematology and Urinalysis.
Performs a variety of standardized tests including advanced and
specialized tests using techniques, laboratory equipment and
reports results. Performs quality control, preventative maintenance
and calibrates equipment as well as solves equipment problems
proactively. The value you'll bring to the team
- Obtains or receives specimens, performs a variety of
standardized tests including advanced and specialized tests using
techniques and equipment.
- Interprets results as to accuracy, acceptability and critical
- Enters data from analysis of medical tests or clinical results
into medical record within required timeframes.
- Conducts maintenance, performance checks and calibrates
instruments in one or more laboratory area.
- Recognizes biohazards specimens and processes the specimen
- Evaluates media, reagents and standards according to
- Conducts established quality control procedures on analytical
tests, instruments, reagents, media and other products.
- Evaluates results of quality control, implements corrective
action when indicated, and documents action.
- Assesses the validity of laboratory results through correlation
of data with patient chart information.
- Anticipates and recognized errors, responding in an appropriate
- Assists with and may supervise training of Medical Technology
students and/or new employees
- Demonstrates competency in the performance of laboratory
procedures as they relate to specific age groups (Neonate, Child,
Adolescent, Adult, Geriatric).
- Fulfills other position responsibilities on a temporary basis
or to expand current duties by updating the position
- Mandatory CBL compliance
- Mandatory Fire training Qualifications The expertise and
experiences you'll need to succeed:
- Computer proficiency required.
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or a Bachelor's degree
in a related science with approved clinical laboratory scientist
training required OR Associate's Degree with at least two years of
- One year hospital experience in a clinical laboratory setting
- Active Florida License as a Generalist Medical Technologist or
Specialist Medical Technologist in one or more areas of the
Laboratory required, or an Associate degree in Medical Technology
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with
federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and
Keywords: AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach, Deltona , Medical Technologist FT Evenings, Healthcare , New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!