Home Therapies Care Team Assistant - Lady Lake, Florida - CNA
Location: Lady Lake
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Home Therapies Care Team Assistant - Lady Lake, FloridaPURPOSE
AND SCOPE:Entry level position working in the home therapies
setting under the oversight of the HTRN to assist in coordinating
patient appointments and ensuring an outstanding patient
experience. Will serve as the point of contact as it relates to the
patient's appointment from check in to departure including
supporting the Patient Care Teams' needs.-- PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES: Assists with administrative duties related to the
- Greets new and existing patients and notifies Patient Care Team
of their arrival.
- Schedules appointments and places appointment reminder calls;
including scheduling appointments for access placement and
- Answers home therapy program calls and follows up on voice
mails with the applicable care team member.--
- Coordinates transportation assistance as needed.
- Prepares room/ space for patient arrival: Ensuring space is
clean and meets FMCNA Infection Control standards.
- Places supply orders and follows up on any patient related
orders with customer service, as needed.
- Medical Director follow up assistance: MD billing, chart
reminders, credentialing, orders and care plan meetings.--
- Prepares needed items for each patient including education
materials and lab supplies. Tracks extension set changes, vaccine
due dates and hospitalizations.
- Tracks transplant referral and any follow up needed.
- Ensures patients' records are available for review.
- Assists with other administrative duties as assigned.Assists HT
RN with the following during patient appointments:
- Assists patients as needed to and from the waiting area.
- Obtains height, weight and vital signs. --
- Performs venipunctures for laboratory testing ONLY.
- Processes laboratory samples.
- Follows up on referrals and additional appointments needed from
- Documents patient information as applicable.Responsible for
record and supply room maintenance including but not limited to the
- Files and uploads records.
- Stores documents.
- Tracks transfer set changes, Kt/Vs, CIA, POC home visits,
vaccines, hospitalizations, infections and monthly education.
- Tracks MD and employee certifications, licensures and annual
- Medical record retention checklist.
- Transplantation-lab collecting and tracking.
- Checks for expired medications, lab tubes and supplies.
- Counting and ordering nonprescription supplies.
- Assists in ordering supplies including medicationIn addition:
- Reviews and complies with the Code of Business Conduct and all
applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and
federal laws and regulations.
- Keeps assigned areas cleaned and stocked for future patient
- Assures confidentiality of patient information and medical
- Participates as part of Care Team Hub in addition to other
assigned duties as assigned.PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Employees are required to take the Ishihara's Color Blindness
test as a condition of employment. Note that: Failing the Ishihara
Test for Color Blindness does not preclude employment. The Company
will consider whether reasonable accommodations can be made.
- This position requires frequent, prolonged periods of being in
front of a computer as well as phone work.
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care
facility with air temperature control and moderate noise
- Maybe exposed to infectious and contagious
- This position requires frequent, prolonged periods of standing
and the employee must be able to bend over.
- The employee may occasionally be required to push and/or pull
equipment, exerting up to 15 pounds of force. The employee may be
required to lift and to lower solutions on a frequent basis of up
to 30 lbs., and on an occasional lift basis up to 40 lbs., as high
as 5 feet. There is a two-person assist program and material assist
devices for the heavier items
- May be required to travel to assist in other local Home
facilities in the region. SUPERVISION:
- NoneEDUCATION AND REQUIRED CREDENTIALS:
- High School Diploma
- CPR certifiedEXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 0 to 6 months experience preferred
- Entry level position with strong interest in working in a
health care setting.
- Prior experience in a physician office or hospital
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite preferred.EO/AA Employer:
Identity--Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a
drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state
Keywords: FRESENIUS, Deltona , Home Therapies Care Team Assistant - Lady Lake, Florida - CNA, Healthcare , Lady Lake, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!