Medical Technologist Part-Time Days - US-FL-DeLand - Medical Technologist
Company: Advent Health DeLand
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Medical Technologist Part-Time Days - US-FL-DeLand
Description All the benefits and perks you need for you and your
- Benefits and Paid Days Off from Day One
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Career Development
- Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
- Mental Health Resources and Support
- Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without
out-of-pocket tuition expense) Our promise to you: Joining
AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It's about
belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each
person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit.
AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and
grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences
you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that
together we are even better. Schedule:--Part -Time Shift: Days The
community you'll be caring for: 701 W PLYMOUTH AVE, DELAND, FL
32720 The role you'll contribute: Under the supervision of the
Section Supervisor, the Medical Technologist performs clinical
testing in one or more of the following areas of the laboratory:
Blood Bank, Microbiology, Serology, Chemistry, Hematology and
Urinalysis. Performs a variety of standardized tests including
advanced and specialized tests using techniques, laboratory
equipment and reports results. Performs quality control,
preventative maintenance and calibrates equipment as well as solves
equipment problems proactively. The value you'll bring to the team
- Obtains or receives specimens, performs a variety of
standardized tests including advanced and specialized tests using
techniques and equipment.
- Interprets results as to accuracy, acceptability and critical
- Enters data from analysis of medical tests or clinical results
into medical record within required timeframes.
- Conducts maintenance, performance checks and calibrates
instruments in one or more laboratory area.
- Recognizes biohazards specimens and processes the specimen
- Evaluates media, reagents and standards according to
- Conducts established quality control procedures on analytical
tests, instruments, reagents, media and other products.
- Evaluates results of quality control, implements corrective
action when indicated, and documents action.
- Assesses the validity of laboratory results through correlation
of data with patient chart information.
- Anticipates and recognized errors, responding in an appropriate
- Assists with and may supervise training of Medical Technology
students and/or new employees
- Demonstrates competency in the performance of laboratory
procedures as they relate to specific age groups (Neonate, Child,
Adolescent, Adult, Geriatric).
- Fulfills other position responsibilities on a temporary basis
or to expand current duties by updating the position
- Mandatory CBL compliance
- Mandatory Fire training Qualifications The expertise and
experiences you'll need to succeed:
- Computer proficiency required.
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or a Bachelor's degree
in a related science with approved clinical laboratory scientist
training required--OR--Associate's Degree with at least two years
- One year hospital experience in a clinical laboratory setting
- Active Florida License as a Generalist Medical Technologist or
Specialist Medical Technologist in one or more areas of the
Laboratory required, or an Associate degree in Medical Technology
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with
federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and
Keywords: Advent Health DeLand, Deltona , Medical Technologist Part-Time Days - US-FL-DeLand - Medical Technologist, Healthcare , Deland, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!