RFP FIS Medical Technologist PRN Nights
Company: AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach
Location: New Smyrna Beach
Posted on: January 16, 2022
DescriptionFIS Medical Technologist PRN Nights AdventHealth New
Smyrna Beach Location Address: -New Smyrna Beach, FL Top Reasons to
Work at AdventHealth New Smyrna -Beach
- High End Technology in the Lab
- Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of
sunny New Smyrna -Beach, FL.
- Immediate Benefits Work Hours/Shift: PRN Nights You Will Be
- Obtains or receives specimens, performs a variety of
standardized tests including advanced and specialized tests using
techniques and equipment.
- Interprets results as to accuracy, acceptability and critical
- Enters data from analysis of medical tests or clinical results
into medical record within required timeframes.
- Conducts maintenance, performance checks and calibrates
instruments in one or more laboratory area.
- Recognizes biohazards specimens and processes the specimen
- Evaluates media, reagents and standards according to
- Conducts established quality control procedures on analytical
tests, instruments, reagents, media and other products.
- Evaluates results of quality control, implements corrective
action when indicated, and documents action.
- Assesses the validity of laboratory results through correlation
of data with patient chart information.
- Anticipates and recognized errors, responding in an appropriate
- Assists with and may supervise training of Medical Technology
students and/or new employees
- Demonstrates competency in the performance of laboratory
procedures as they relate to specific age groups (Neonate, Child,
Adolescent, Adult, Geriatric).
- Fulfills other position responsibilities on a temporary basis
or to expand current duties by updating the position
- Mandatory CBL compliance
- Mandatory Fire training QualificationsWhat You Will Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or a Bachelor's degree
in a related science with approved clinical laboratory scientist
training required OR Associate's Degree with at least two years of
- One year hospital experience in a clinical laboratory setting
- Active Florida License as a Generalist Medical Technologist or
Specialist Medical Technologist in one or more areas of the
Laboratory required, or an Associate degree in Medical
- Florida license as a Generalist Medical Technologist in all
areas of the laboratory
- Specialist Medical Technologist in one or more areas
- Or an Associate degree in Medical Technology
- Computer proficiency required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Job Summary:
Under the supervision of the Section Supervisor, the Medical
Technologist performs clinical testing in one or more of the
following areas of the laboratory: Blood Bank, Microbiology,
Serology, Chemistry, Hematology and Urinalysis. Performs a variety
of standardized tests including advanced and specialized tests
using techniques, laboratory equipment and reports results.
Performs quality control, preventative maintenance and calibrates
equipment as well as solves equipment problems proactively. This
facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with
federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and
Keywords: AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach, Deltona , RFP FIS Medical Technologist PRN Nights, Healthcare , New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!