Laboratory Supervisor FT Days
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Laboratory SupervisorAdventHealth Deltona ERLocation Address: 3108
HOWLAND BLVD, Deltona, 32725
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth
- Career growth and advancement potential
- State of the art lab facilities
- Immediate BenefitsWork Hours/Shift:Full-time, Day Shift
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Reviews test results for clerical errors, accuracy and
reasonableness for the section using computerized reports. Resolves
problems detected and counsels the technical staff as needed.
- Reviews quality controls results, resolves problems detected
and documents actions taken. Reviews QC monthly with the
pathologist as necessary
- Maintains section standard operating procedures. Creates,
revises and reviews procedures as required.
- Responsible for the hiring process for lab section. Completes
performance evaluations timely and is involved in employee
counseling, coaching and termination per policy. Provides
orientation for new employees and ensures compliance with
department policy and procedure. Maintains high levels of employee
engagement and job performance by providing recognition and
opportunities for learning. Ability to appropriately handle stress
and interact with others.
- Maintains all appropriate records according to accreditation
agency standards. Assists and coordinates AABB and CAP
- Coordinates and reviews proficiency testing prior to reporting
results to the surveying agency. Reviews results and responds to
any problem as necessary.
- Implements policies to maintain efficient utilization of
personnel, materials and equipment in order to contain costs.
- Responsible for supply requisition and inventory control.
- Interfaces with the pathologists and lab director regarding new
policies and procedures and problems and concerns pertaining to the
- Performs cost analysis and revises procedure and
instrumentation to ensure cost containment. Analyzes new technology
and recommends changes in the section as needed.
- Oversees the implementation of new equipment including
validation, calibration, correlation studies, training of staff,
and other required activities.
- Discusses test results and technical issues with physicians and
nursing personnel as requested.
- Serves as a member of the laboratory leadership team. Works
collaboratively with colleagues
- Supervises the entire laboratory in the absence of the
Laboratory Director when assigned.
- Functions as staff technologist when necessary.
- Demonstrates competency in the performance of laboratory
procedures as they relate to specific age groups (neonate, child,
and adolescent, adult, geriatric).
- Other responsibilities as designated by the Laboratory
What You Will Need:
- B.S. degree in medical technology from an accredited school or
B.S. in a chemical, physical, biological, or clinical lab science
with clinical laboratory certification or Specialty in assigned Lab
- Minimum of three years' experience in the section
- Must have a laboratory supervisor's license in the pertinent
specialty (ies) in the State of Florida or be eligible and obtain
the license within one year of hire.
- Supervises staff in assigned section.
Job Summary:Under the general direction of the Laboratory Director,
the Lab Supervisor coordinates the work performed in the assigned
department. The supervisor maintains procedure manuals and
implements new procedures according to the guidelines of the
regulatory agencies. Supervises and participates in the evaluation
of technical staff and students assigned to their respective area.
Reviews quality control and quality assurance activities for the
section. The Lab supervisor resolves equipment and procedure
problems with service and technical representatives. Ensures an
appropriate inventory of reagents and supplies. Recommends
disciplinary actions and training protocols for employees.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with
federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and
Keywords: AdventHealth, Deltona , Laboratory Supervisor FT Days, Healthcare , Deltona, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!