Company: AdventHealth Fish Memorial
Location: Orange City
Posted on: January 12, 2022
DescriptionRespiratory Therapist AdventHealth Address: -1055
Saxon Boulevard Orange City, Florida 32763 Top Reasons To Work At
AdventHealth Fish Memorial: Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
$15,000.00 Sign on Bonus and -$5,000.00 relocation incentive Great
benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement Career growth and
advancement potential Work Hours/Shift: Full Time, Day Shift (7am
to 7pm) or Night Shift (7pm to 7am) - based on availability at the
time of interview. - You Will Be Responsible For:
- Delivers routine respiratory treatments and continuous
respiratory therapy including aerosol therapy, lung expansion
therapy, oxygen therapy and bronchial hygiene in accordance with
applicable policy and procedure.
- Ensures the effectiveness of therapist assessment and
reassessment by monitoring patient progress. Recommends change in
respiratory plan of care according to documented medical necessity
and within the confines of established protocols. -
- Monitors, instructs and coaches patient before, during and
after treatment delivery. Prevents and/or resolves untoward side
effects. - Adjusts therapies according to protocol and documented
clinical criteria. Makes and/or recommends changes based on pulse
oximetry, peak flow measurement, chest x-ray, lab work and other
data relevant to optimal patient progress.
- Maintains a supportive atmosphere conducive to quality care,
department growth, staff development and high morale.
- Initiates and maintains mechanical ventilation. Determines or
guides the determination of ventilator mode and settings.
Reevaluates patient/ventilator interface a minimum of every four
hours. Responds to alarms and otherwise troubleshoots as needed.
Establishes weaning readiness and facilitates weaning process.
Adjusts ventilator in accordance with patient progress.
- Draws and analyzes arterial blood gases which may include
Lactic Acids. Places arterial lines. Makes or recommends changes in
respiratory management according to blood gas results.
- Responds to emergencies including Code STEMI, Rapid Response
and Code Blues; establishes and maintains airway, performs
- Operates as support staff for cardiopulmonary diagnostics. -
This may include performing cardiac stress testing under direct
physician supervision, setting up and discontinuing holter
monitors, electrocardiograms as well as pulmonary function testing
- May be responsible for additional Supervisory duties and
Services, if hired for a Level III role. Qualifications What You
Will Need: EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Patient care skills to care for neonatal, infant, pediatric,
adolescent, adult and geriatric patient populations are
- Must be a graduate of an approved respiratory care program;
Associates degree or equivalent.
- Must be registered (RRT) -or -certified (CRT) prior to 2000 by
the National Board for Respiratory Care.
- Current BLS certification is required
- ACLS must be obtained within 90 days of employment.
- PALS and/or NRP must be obtained within 90 days of employment
if required by the incumbent's EFR primary hospital.
- Must have a valid Florida license issued by the Agency for
Healthcare Administration of Florida.
- S.T.A.B.L.E. preferred. Respiratory Therapist II Requirements:
- Must be a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) -or -a
Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) with 4 years of experience
and the equivalent competency of an RRT. - Respiratory Therapist
- Must have a minimum 3 years of hospital experience as RRT -or
-8 years of experience as CRT and at least 1 year of critical care.
Job Summary: Provides routine, emergent and critical
cardiopulmonary care under the direction of a physician to
neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
Adheres to the Corporate Compliance Plan, to the rules and
regulations of all local, state and federal agencies and to the
standards of all accrediting bodies. This facility is an equal
opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local
anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Keywords: AdventHealth Fish Memorial, Deltona , Respiratory Therapist, Healthcare , Orange City, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!