Occupational Therapist Sports Medicine and Rehab Orange City
Company: AdventHealth Centra Care
Location: Orange City
Posted on: November 23, 2021
DescriptionOccupational Therapist - AdventHealth Sports Medicine
& Rehab Location Address: 1053 Medical Center Drive, Suite 151,
Orange City, FL 32763 Join our team of over 40 Outpatient Clinics
across Central Florida as we continue to grow! You will be part of
a winning team of experts dedicated to whole-person care to help
our patients heal, strengthen and renew. We have career
opportunities in Orange, Seminole, Osceola, Polk, Volusia, Flagler
and Lake Counties for dedicated Physical Therapists willing to
carry on AdventHealth's mission in the communities we serve. Top
Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Sports Medicine & Rehab
- Commitment to whole-person care, giving you the opportunity to
help heal people in mind body and spirit.
- Fulfilling work with people who treat you like family.
- Excellent benefits, market-driven wages and career development
- Recognized for the seventh year in a row as a recipient of the
Gallup Great Workplace Award as part of the AdventHealth
- Opportunities for advancement as we expand our network across
- Be part of a Team of Winning Care that supports Orlando Magic,
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Daytona International Speedway, Walt Disney
World, Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, Tampa Bay
Lightning, Florida Citrus Sports, Orlando Solar Bears, Lakeland
Magic, runDisney and Track Shack. Work Hours/Shift:
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, may vary based on
clinic needs You Will Be Responsible For:
- Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth core values of
Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and
- Performs evaluations and re-evaluations according to standards
and recommended techniques. Establishes, implements, and adapts an
individualized treatment plan of care (including appropriate goal
setting, treatment activities and frequency). Discharges patients
when maximum benefit has been achieved and/or according to
standards of practice and payer guidelines.
- Documents accurately, completely, timely, and legibly. Uses
measurable and objective terminology according to standards of
practice, follows insurance and department/hospital
- Charges patient accurately, completely, timely and legibly
according to guidelines of the CPT code format, price file, follows
insurance and department/hospital guidelines.
- Identifies the need for patient/caregiver education and
utilizes each opportunity for teaching on a planned or spontaneous
basis. Documents education and understanding as appropriate.
- Participates in practice changes as a result of performance
improvement activities. Supports quality standards and initiatives
set by the department.
- Meets at least 96% of the productivity standard.
QualificationsWhat You Will Need:
- Demonstration of at least entry level professional competency
of Occupational Therapy practice, theory, principles and
applications as defined in competencies departmental policy.
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Therapy plus five or more
years of work experience in Occupational Therapy, OR Master's
degree in Occupational Therapy
- Licensed in the State of Florida as an Occupational
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- Basic computer skills to include Outlook, Microsoft Office, and
- Ability to work in other clinics in Volusia, Flagler and Lake
Counties as needed
- Previous Orthopedic OT experience including hand surgery and
splinting Job Summary: The Occupational Therapist - Outpatient I
provides direct and indirect services to specific age groups in the
outpatient rehabilitation settings. Utilizes process improvement in
achieving the goals of the Rehabilitation & Sports Medicine
Department. Accepts the responsibility to practice autonomously and
collaboratively in all practice environments to provide best
practice to the patient/client. Autonomous practice is
characterized by independent, self-determined, professional
judgment and action. Adheres to the AdventHealth Compliance Plan
and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and
federal agencies, and accrediting bodies. May supervise
Occupational Therapy Assistants, volunteers, technical aides and
interns. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and
accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are
equally respectful to all. This facility is an equal opportunity
employer and complies with federal, state and local
anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Keywords: AdventHealth Centra Care, Deltona , Occupational Therapist Sports Medicine and Rehab Orange City, Healthcare , Orange City, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!