Nurse Practitioner Transitional Clinic AdventHealth Deland Cardiology
Company: AdventHealth DeLand
Posted on: November 22, 2021
DescriptionNurse Practitioner/Cardiology Full Time Days
AdventHealth Deland Location Address: Deland, FL Top Reasons to
Work at AdventHealth--
- Health Insurance Coverage
- Faith-based organization
- Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
- Career growth and advancement potential Work Hours/Shift: Full
Time / Days You Will Be Responsible For:
- Makes daily rounds on CV Surgery patients and reports findings
to the attending Physician.-- Manages patients, evaluates changes
in patient status, obtains consultations, and interprets tests and
X-rays with the assistance of physicians as necessary.-- Gives
- Orders procedures, lab work and medications.
- Performs history and physical examinations, admission,
transfers and discharge orders, daily progress notes and discharge
summaries.-- Refers patient for specialized consultations.
- Initiates treatment of emergency management and patient
- Conducts follow up patient care.
- Utilizes his/her knowledge and skills in giving safe and
effective patient care and teaching.
- Orders and monitors tests and other diagnostic procedures.
- Participates in hospital/community functions.
- Maintains working knowledge of JC/CMS/AHCA and Core
- Consistently complies with documentation standards and core
- Participates in STS data collection interpretation and
implementation to improve metrics.
- Works with Case Management to assure appropriate utilization of
services and length of stay for cardiac patients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reports to the Supervising Physicians and the Director of
- Functions independently and may supervise Registered Nurses,
technicians, aides, and secretaries as required. QualificationsWhat
You Will Need:
- Current Florida Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner
- ACLS/BLA certification
- Computer proficiency required.
- Minimum of 3 years ARNP experience in Cardiovascular
- Must have working knowledge of all equipment utilized in the
daily activities of the Cardia Surgical Services.
- Past teaching experience in formal/information settings
- Knowledge of adult learning principles required.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of written and oral
- Good computer skills required.
- Ability to write objectives, content outlines, and
bibliographies desirable. Job Summary: Provides care under the
direction of the supervising Cardiovascular Surgeons and has
expertise in the clinical management of the Cardiac Surgical
patient.---- The ARNP has the responsibility for assessment and
management of cardiac patients including diagnostic and therapeutic
intervention, day to day implementation and evaluation of the
appropriate plan of care.-- The ARNP assists the CV Surgeons with
rounds, creation of orders (admission, ongoing, and discharge),
ordering and monitoring of tests, and assessment and evaluation at
the bedside.-- The ARNP works in collaboration with the medical,
nursing and support services to provide patient and family focused
care.-- The ARNP maintains active participation in PI activities
STS Registry data collection, staff development and continuing
education.-- This facility is an equal opportunity employer and
complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws,
regulations and ordinances.
Keywords: AdventHealth DeLand, Deltona , Nurse Practitioner Transitional Clinic AdventHealth Deland Cardiology, Healthcare , Deland, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!