Resident Assistant (Caregiver)
Company: American House Senior Living Communities
Location: Orange City
Posted on: November 16, 2021
-- :Resident Assistant Position SummaryResidents Assistants are
an essential part of our wellness team by providing basic personal
assistance to the residents in maintaining their highest level of
functional independence and psychosocial wellness under the
direction and supervision of a RN or LPN.
Resident Assistant Duties/Responsibilities:
- Providing companionship, building rapport and establishing a
trusting relationship with our residents
- Assisting residents in activities of daily living, to include
ambulation, transferring, showering, personal hygiene, incontinence
care, feeding, reminders, supervision.
- Gathering and assisting residents in activities, conducting
activities in groups or one-on-one with residents as
- Conducting daily tasks in a safe manner and for adhering to all
- Serves residents meals and after-meal cleanup.
- Assures that resident rooms are clean and tidy throughout each
day. Is responsible for resident laundry, as assigned.
- Observes residents and reporting any concerns, e.g., skin
breakdown, rash, behavioral changes, speech change, change in
appearance, etc., to Wellness Director.
- Follow established safety regulations, including fire
protection, infection control, blood borne pathogens, hazardous
waste, and quality assurance procedure.
- Communicate with family members, visitors, and volunteers in a
customer service-oriented manner.
- Report all changes in the resident's psychosocial and physical
condition, and in skin breakdown to the Wellness Director.
- Report all complaints, grievances, and instances of abuse to
the Wellness Director and/or the Executive Director.
- Answer all emergency response system calls immediately.
- Provide post-mortem care as instructed.
- Complete all documentation and paperwork as required.
- Participate in Wellness meetings and mandatory trainings to
ensure compliance with all regulations and policies.
- Ensure compliance to American House's Mission and philosophy as
well as all written policies and procedures that govern the
- Perform all assigned tasks in accordance with policies and
procedures and as instructed by the Wellness Director, as well as
other members of the leadership team.Resident Assistant Required
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with both
residents and staff
- Ability to lift, pull, push, carry 40 pounds and to move about
the community quickly in order to provide emergency assistance to
- Maintains a safe environment for patients and co-workers,
transports patients and equipment as appropriate.
- Must be able to work weekdays and weekends from 3:00 p.m. -
11:00 p.m.Resident Assistant Preferred Skill/Abilities:
- Experience working with Seniors
- CNA certification
- Previous experience in Assisted Living or Memory CareResident
Assistant Education and Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent educational experience
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Must pass a pre-employment background check, drug screen, TB
test and physicalCompany Overview:Founded in 1979, American House
Senior Living Communities' vision is to provide high-quality
housing for senior at a price affordable for retirees and their
families. That vision of excellence has endured for nearly 40 years
and expanded to serve residents at a number of senior housing
communities. Our mission is to enrich the lives of those we serve,
providing an environment that fosters meaningful relationships. Our
vision is to be an innovative senior housing company that created
sustainable excellence and stakeholder value, with an unparalleled
commitment to passionate care provided by compassionate
Keywords: American House Senior Living Communities, Deltona , Resident Assistant (Caregiver), Healthcare , Orange City, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!