Manager of Finance and Accounting
Company: American Management Group
Location: Lady Lake
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Manager of Finance and Accounting
American Management Group
We have an exciting opportunity for a Manager of Finance and Accounting to join the American Management Group. This position is 100% on-site and located in Lady Lake, FL. The Manager of Finance & Accounting will report directly to the President of a small Federal Government Contracting enterprise and will play an integral role in setting financial policy for the enterprise. The Manager of Finance & Accounting will provide professional leadership in the areas of accounting, financial reporting, financial systems, procedures, contract policies, management, financial analysis, and budget management.
The Manager of Finance & Accounting supervises all aspects of accounting reconciliation and reporting to ensure accurate reporting and compliance with GAAP, CAS, and DCAA requirements. The Manager of Finance & Accounting in this position supervises all aspects or record keeping as required to ensure compliance with both corporate and outside Government Agency requirements. The Manager of Finance & Accounting is also responsible for the oversight of A/P, Billing, G/L, cash management (revenue recognition), and maintenance of fiscal records, preparation of financial reports, and establishing/managing accounting policies and procedures to provide the necessary internal controls. The Manager of Finance & Accounting prepares the monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial reports (Balance Sheet & Income Statement), analyzes accounts, and prepares year-end audit schedules. The Manager of Finance & Accounting also reviews CPA prepared tax returns and interfaces with financial auditors. The Manager of Finance & Accounting will provide budget/P&L reports, rate structure budget/analysis and forecasting, DCAA interface, project profitability analyses, implementation of EVM, capital budgeting, and investment analysis. This and other duties related to financial compliance related to Government contracting will apply as directed by the CEO/President.
The Manager of Finance & Accounting will need to have the ability to organize and convert mixed data into uniform data to allow for analysis and error detection. The Manager of Finance & Accounting will evaluate logic of data that is reported and identify reporting errors and initiate proper corrective action.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
The overall day-to-day management of the finance and accounting department including the direct supervision of our full-time and part-time accounting staff. Develop sound financial management operations including general accounting, financial statements, budgeting, forecasting, and financial planning.
- Ensure the integrity of financial information and protect monetary resources through a comprehensive system of internal accounting controls and documented, policies, processes and procedures.
- Supervise auditors, accountants, and other consultants working on finance related functions.
- Supervise and review the payroll process
- Provide direction, leadership, and assume responsibility of payroll operations, accounts payable, general ledger, journal entries, revenue receipt, expenditures, and purchase orders.
- Prepare monthly financial and budget reports for presentation to the President, CEO and Executive Board.
- Oversee implementation of government contracts and ensure compliance with agency performance, documentation, and cost accounting requirements.
- Assume final responsibility for finance and accounting operations, including the creation of the annual budget, periodic forecasts, and reports; grant project budgets; asset and inventory management; cash flow management to include on-time payment of all corporate financial obligations
- Supervise preparation of all monthly accounting and/or inventory reconciliations
- Review monthly journal entry data for accuracy and reasonableness
- Analyze company data to detect errors or missing information and initiates corrective actions as needed
- Coordinate all reporting activities as related
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality and reliability
- Must have good oral and written skills
- The ability to interface with all levels of management is required
- Prepare monthly financial statements
- Prepare monthly invoices and enter into accounting computer system
- Track payments and post to appropriate accounts
- Process payments through various financial institutions and systems
- Participation in bid cost projects and ability to create cost tables
- Process payables in the form of vendors and subcontractors and maintain expense tracking procedure and receivables tracking system
- Oversee the processing and review accuracy of time reports and employee payroll information
- Supervise and coordinate duties of Jr. level analysts
- Performs proposal pricing and understanding of Shipley's Proposal Process
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
Special Job Facts
Must be a hands-on manager with a proven ability to plan, organize, and think strategically. In addition, we are looking for the following credentials:
BA in Finance or Accounting; MBA preferred
CPM and/or MBA
Audit experience desired
Minimum of seven years of professional management experience
Prior management experience with hands-on general accounting, cost, accounting, financial planning and management experience
Experience in developing financial statements, budget management, and financial system experience with QuickBooks Enterprise finance and accounting system.
Experience working for a multi-site organization.
Performs many duties using office automation equipment such as computers, fax machines, audio visual devices and is functional with Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, TEAMS, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access. Additional requirements include:
- Ability to access and accurately input information
- Must have considerable knowledge with basic accounting principles (i.e. journal entries, debits, credits, etc.) and accounting functions
- Ability to work independently and complete duties and projects with little direct supervision.
- Ability to accurately work under pressure in meeting deadlines.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Must be proficient with Excel, Word, and Outlook applications
- Must be completely proficient in NetSuite and QuickBooks Enterprise and be able to produce reports from that software.
Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. and sit and stand for various periods throughout the day
Work will be conducted in an office environment. Position requires both sitting and standing in situations.
Education and/or Experience
A BA in Accounting or Finance is required; an MBA is preferred; a successful incumbent will have (7) seven or more years' experience and standard cost variance reporting is strongly desired.
The Manager of Finance & Accounting must be familiar with a variety of field concepts, practices, and procedures. The Manager of Finance & Accounting needs to have experience with business registrations and licenses and state requirements of reporting. Experience leading and directing the work of others is preferred. Must have experience with: Cash Flow, Budgeting/Forecasting, Financial Planning/Reporting, Business Insurance, Factoring/Funding and posting to the General Ledger and subsidiary AP & AR accounts.
Full Benefit Package to include:
Paid PTO and sick leave (15 days initially)
Paid Federal Government Holidays
100% Medical premium for employee
100% Dental and Vision
100% paid Life, short and long-term disability insurance for employee
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law.
Manager of Finance and Accounting
Keywords: American Management Group, Deltona , Manager of Finance and Accounting, Executive , Lady Lake, Florida
here to apply!