CEP Program Director AS6492
Company: Stetson University
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Tracking Code 922 - 280 Job Description The Community Education
Project (CEP) seeks to hire a dependable, collaborative, and
dynamic person for the full-time position of Program Director to
provide day-to-day leadership and execute a strategic development
plan to ensure the sustainability and viability of the program. The
role of the Program Director also includes oversight of existing
grants, future grant writing, timely communication with Tomoka
Correctional Institution, Stetson University, CEP Advisory Board,
and the public, and collaborative work with the CEP team consisting
of staff, interns, volunteers, and CEP alumni. The ideal candidate
for this position must have strong interpersonal, communication,
and organizational skills as well as applicable leadership
experience working with incarcerated populations and other
individuals and communities impacted by the carceral system. This
person should also be capable of managing both day-to-day
programmatic and administrative responsibilities independently and
collaboratively with a diverse group of CEP students and other team
members. This is a full-time, grant-supported, 2-year staff
position subject to the continued availability of funding and
programmatic need.About CEPThe Community Education Project (CEP) is
a multidisciplinary college in prison program at Stetson University
at Tomoka Correctional Institution (TCI), in Daytona Beach,
Florida. CEP focuses on providing credit-bearing college classes,
educational workshops, guest lectures and opportunities for
independent and collaborative research; developing a Food Studies
program and an on-site community garden; publishing students'
creative work; and supporting CEP alumni through a reentry
initiative. For more information, please visit the CEP website:
https://www.stetson.edu/other/cep ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND
- Developing and executing plan for strategic development of the
- Managing daily program operations at the Tomoka CI and at the
main campus at Stetson University.
- Monitoring current and future CEP grants and providing
oversight of CEP finances.
- Acting as primary liaison between Florida Department of
Corrections (FDC) and Stetson University.
- Maintaining timely and open communication with the Dean of
College of Arts & Sciences and the CEP Advisory Board.
- Managing communication with public and other higher education
in prison (HEP) programs.
- Supervising CEP team consisting of Director of the Food Studies
Program, Garden Manager, Data Officer, and Academic Transition
Researcher and Advising Specialist (Reentry).
- Supervising and mentoring student interns.
- Providing general oversight of CEP volunteers including
recruitment and training as well as provision of on-site support
for the volunteers, instructors, and guests as needed.
- Providing academic support for CEP students at Tomoka CI.
- Facilitating student enrollment in the program and keeping all
academic records up to date.
- Coordinating curriculum development and course offerings.
- Performing other site and position specific functions as
needed. Required Skills
- Exceptional professionalism and communication skills (both
verbal and written)
- Strong organizational, planning, and supervisory skills
- Experience leading complex projects, including overseeing
staffing and budgeting
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse stakeholders with
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and engage
proactive problem-solving skills
- Ability and desire to work with multiple projects
simultaneously and keep track of those projects to completion
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and Google
- Ability to handle confidential information responsibly
- Reliable access to transportation
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with student services
- Experience working in the correctional system
- Written and oral proficiency in Spanish Required Experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years of working with higher education-in-prison programs,
reentry programs, or related community/non-profit work or an
equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience
related to the duties and responsibilities specifiedSalary grade:
7Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and an
acceptable driving record as determined by the University's auto
insurance carrier. Job Location DeLand, Florida, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Keywords: Stetson University, Deltona , CEP Program Director AS6492, Executive , Deland, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!