Sr Engineering Lead
Company: OWENS CORNING
Location: Lady Lake
Posted on: November 17, 2022
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Application Engineer is a technical lead position to create new
growth opportunities and drive adoption of Owens Corning's WEARDECK
--- composite lumber product portfolio. This position is
responsible for product application and customer specification
development, in partnership with product management/strategic
marketing, commercial, technical and customer teams to drive
specifications. The successful candidate will have a deep
understanding decking and lumber with experience across marine,
residential, commercial, and municipal applications.
Scope and impact will extend across both internal and external
ecosystems. As a key strategic stakeholder of the product
portfolio, the Application Engineer will deliver technical
expertise and customer support to address issues and questions from
engineers, contractors, distributors, approval agencies, and
commercial partners. This role will interact with internal and
external customers as a subject matter expert for methods and
materials, codes and standards, and work with multiple functions
within the business to accomplish objectives including Commercial,
Technical Services, Strategic Marketing, Legal, Sustainability, and
Reports to : WEARDECK --- R&D Leader
Location: Ocala, Florida
- Understand the decking market and various applications -
marine, residential, commercial, and municipal
- Understand the features and benefits of the WEARDECK ---
Portfolio and how it's used to provide solutions.
- Understand the specification process and whether WEARDECK
---products meet the required specifications and product
declarations. In situations where they do not meet specifications,
own the workflow of performance testing required to gain
- Become Technical 'point of contact' by providing technical
support to the business, hosting engineering events and working
with our Marketing team to develop relevant technical bulletins,
trade presentations, and webinars on industry issues, technical
concerns, new products, etc.
- Support the Sales team's efforts by providing timely technical
expertise. This includes, but not limited to the following: address
all field issues associated with WEARDECK --- products, author
letters addressing support of product information, make
recommendations of products, resolve compliance issues, and provide
guidance on corrective actions when needed.
- Monitor competitor offerings as well as ancillary products and
systems, providing competitive intelligence to the leadership
- Conduct regular roundtable meetings with customers to
understand their needs, with the goal of identifying new product,
system or partnership opportunities which create value for our
customers and differentiate our portfolio.
- Participate in the New Product Development process, working
with product management to maximize growth opportunities.
- Work closely with the leadership team and strategic marketing
to provide technical input to the overall business strategy. JOB
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the decking
- Demonstrated understanding of building processes and associated
- Demonstrated understanding of marine, residential, commercial,
and municipal applications, installation techniques, and relevant
- Experience writing technical documentation including but not
limited to specifications, technical bulletins, and professional
- Experience participating in relevant industry associations
- Knowledge of the relationship and interactions of all ASTM
specification, standards and testing requirements related to all
- Ability to travel up to 30% KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES :
- Strong engineering/technical background
- Working knowledge of building codes, product specifications,
and sustainability issues related to the products.
- Have a general understanding of Third-Party testing
- Good business and financial acumen
- Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation
- Comfortable presenting to customers, webinars, etc.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and construction materials
leader committed to building a sustainable future through material
innovation. Our three integrated businesses - Composites,
Insulation, and Roofing - provide durable, sustainable,
energy-efficient solutions that leverage our unique material
science, manufacturing, and market knowledge to help our customers
win and grow. We are global in scope, human in scale with
approximately 20,000 employees in 33 countries dedicated to
generating value for our customers and shareholders, and making a
difference in the communities where we work and live. Founded in
1938 and based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, Owens Corning posted 2021
sales of $8.5 billion. For more information, visit .
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: OWENS CORNING, Deltona , Sr Engineering Lead, Engineering , Lady Lake, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!