Internal Audit Specialist
Location: Orange City
Posted on: May 16, 2022
When you join VerizonVerizon is one of the world's leading
providers of technology and communications services, transforming
the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of
people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future.
Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here.What you'll be doing...You'll join our audit team that
will enable you to positively impact the way we do business. This
group will provide you the foundation to be a change agent,
providing objective evaluations of our internal systems and
processes to identify areas of risk and operational and/or
technology efficiency. Your highly visible role will involve
collaborating with other members of the internal audit team and
business units to review existing practices. Developing plans and
supporting your internal partners to understand the key role they
play in maintaining strong internal controls will be critical in
reducing risk, increasing operational efficiency, and protecting
our shareholders, customers, and employees.
- Designing and executing financial, operational, or technology
audit programs that target high-risk areas in the company's
controls, systems, and processes.
- Identifying gaps and areas for improvement and evaluating their
significance and potential business impact to improve process
- Presenting practical recommendations to senior leaders and
preparing written audit reports to document your findings.
- Collaborating with and educating process owners regarding the
importance of maintaining strong internal controls and the role of
- Being a high visibility leader to drive organizational change
and guide the business to a successful future state.
- Attending learning programs, training and networking sessions
while preparing yourself to become a future leader in our
organization through a defined career path.This role will be based
out of the location as listed in the posting. In this role, you'll
have a defined work location that includes work from home and
assigned office days set by your manager.What we're looking
for...You're a phenomenal teammate who enjoys collaborating with
various partners to achieve winning outcomes. You understand the
importance of keeping the lines of communication across all levels
to earn trust. You listen carefully with an intent to understand.
You like digging into the details and coming up with
recommendations that will have a huge impact.You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.Even better if
you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, Management
Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- Five or more years of relevant work experience.
- Your CPA, CIA, CISA, CISSP certification earned or in progress
or other relevant certification.
- Public accounting, information systems, risk, and operational
based audit experience.
- Experience with ACL, Idea, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Visual
Basic, Microsoft.NET framework, Microsoft Access, SQL, Microsoft
Exchange, or Hyperion applications.
- Audit experience in a Big 4 Public Accounting firm.
- Experience managing projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time.Equal Employment
OpportunityWe're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and
celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know
that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a
collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity
and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel
valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and
contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page
to learn more.COVID-19 Vaccination RequirementVerizon requires new
hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides
reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g.,
for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).
Internal ID: 593336
Keywords: Verizon, Deltona , Internal Audit Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Orange City, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!